Creating a Fairer, Sustainable and Participatory Economy
To Members and Friends of the Fractal Economy Cooperative (FEC)
Your vote has made a difference in our community.
The second disbursement of gift funds to 5 registered Not for Profit’s (NFP) has been gifted to these lucky organisations, Chrysalis Steiner School in Thora, 2BBB Bellingen’s Community Radio, Bellingen Shire Electricity Alliance, Home Care Nursing Training and Bellingen Environment Centre.
It’s easy for NFP’s to receive more gift money by asking your members to join FEC and vote for your favorite NFP organisation.
Events: Bring friends and sign up on the day.
FEC will be presenting its view of a new economy at the Malaami Future Building Event Sunday 26th March 2023 and Thrive Festivals Saturday 4th March 2023 at Bellingen Show Grounds.
Members of the month: Well, done!
The FEC would like to recognise Tom Howell’s Gardening, Landscaping and Bush Regeneration Business called Gardens for Wildlife. His business has recorded $3095 in total sales from members. If you want some gardening or regeneration work done check out the directory for Tom’s contact details and give him a ring. Don’t forget to say you are a FEC member and Tom will record the sale.
Also, Pat Murphy’s vehicle repairs with his total sales of $4500, he has contributed 3% of this amount back to the community.
Big Thank you to 2BBB.
2BBB has generously produced an advertisement to promote what we do at the FEC. The station has run the ad over the last three months of 2022 at no cost.
If you would like to hear it click the link below:
Please consider nominating yourself as a Director to the FEC Board of Directors for this year’s AGM: Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.
The current chairperson would like to increase the number of directors from 5 to 7,
particularly the female representatives.
We also have in place the Web/App infrastructure to do the following:
- Register members, through our website, as individuals, individual sellers, businesses, or not-for-profits (NFP).
- Using our app, record sales between Coop members (recording done by the seller).
- Levy a ‘community contribution’ of 3% on the seller (the recipient of money).
- Individual and Individual Seller members now vote on how they would like to see the gift money used. The allocation of gift funding is totally dependent on how FEC members vote.
- There are 5 NFP’s registered, waiting to receive your vote Chrysalis Steiner School, Community Radio 2BBB, Bellingen Shire Electricity Alliance and Home Care Nursing Training, Bellingen Environment Centre.
- Businesses and Individual Sellers will be sent an invoice soon to those members who have recorded sales to other members and the 3% of those sale exceeds $10.
- The funds collected will then be disbursed to the current NFP’s and others that register to receive gift funding. Thank you for your Community Contributions.
How to Grow our Membership:
Total current membership number is 55 and growing steadily. Find out more and register as a member go to the web site by clicking here https://fractaleconomy.coop/ .
Tell your friends and ask your local business/service person if they are members.
To succeed the Coop needs to acquire a critical mass where enough active members will generate sales and community contributions. If you are a ‘hesitant’ member, we encourage you to be one of the proactive ones who create the critical mass. We recognise that people are generally harried and time-stressed, we have taken every effort to ensure your ‘FEC experience’ is as straightforward and trouble free as possible. It is easy and quick to register as a member. Participate by buying and selling goods and services from/to members. Record such sales with the use of our app; vote to allocate gift funding to your favourite NFP. These processes, and more, are described in our Hands on Guide.
Members Feed Back
We invite comment on our future vision of starting a Peoples Bank and Land Trust to buy land in community ownership.
If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter reply to this email @ email@example.com