Creating a Fairer, Sustainable and Participatory Economy
To Members and Friends of the Fractal Economy Cooperative (FEC)
FEC has reached another significant milestone in the Coop’s development.
The first disbursement of gift funds to 4 registered Not for Profit’s (NFP) has
recently been gifted to these lucky organisations.
The community NFP organisations were Chrysalis Steiner School in Thora, 2BBB Bellingen’s Community Radio, Bellingen Shire Electricity Alliance, and Home Care Nursing Training.
Also, Bellingen Environment Centre has recently joined the growing list of NFP’s.
Individual Member of the month:
FEC would like to recognise Jonas Bellchambers – Building and Carpentry Services. If you are wanting some building/carpentry work done check out the directory for Jonas’s contact details and give him a ring
Attention: Submissions of ideas
FEC is needing some help with drafting some promotional materials to be used on 2BBB to advertise our FEC Businesses, Individual and NFP memberships. If you would like to create a 30 to 60 second promo to be used in the Bellingen Community radio programs. Reply to email@example.com
Please consider nominating yourself as a Director to the FEC Board of Directors for the upcoming AGM: Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.
The current chairperson would like to increase the number of directors from 5 to 7
particularly the female representatives.
We also have in place the Web/App infrastructure to do the following:
- Register members, through our website, as individuals, individual sellers, businesses, or not-for-profits (NFP).
- Using our app, record sales between Coop members (recording done by the seller).
- Levy a ‘community contribution’ of 3% on the seller (the recipient of money).
- Individual and Individual Seller members, now vote on how they would like to see the gift money used. The allocation of gift funding is totally dependent on how FEC members vote.
- There are 5 NFP’s registered, waiting to receive your vote Chrysalis Steiner School, Community Radio 2BBB, Bellingen Shire Electricity Alliance and Home Care Nursing Training, Bellingen Environment Centre.
- The first invoicing to Businesses and Individual Sellers has been sent to those members and funds are starting to be deposited into the FEC gift fund account.
- The funds collected will then be disbursed to the current NFP’s and others that register to receive gift funding. Thank you for your Community Contributions.
Total current membership number is 48 and growing steadily. Find out more and register as a member go to the web site by clicking here https://fractaleconomy.coop/ .
Tell your friends and ask your local business/service person if they are members.
To succeed the Coop needs to acquire a critical mass where enough active members will generate sales and community contributions. If you are a ‘hesitant’ member, we encourage you to be one of the proactive ones who create the critical mass. We recognise that people are generally harried and time-stressed, we have taken every effort to ensure your ‘FEC experience’ is as straightforward and trouble free as possible. It shouldn’t take much of your time to get involved and that it is easy to register as a member (if you haven’t done so). Participate by buying and selling goods and services from/to members. Record such sales with the use of our app; vote to allocate gift funding to your favourite NFP. These processes, and more, are described in our Hands on Guide.
If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter reply to this email @ email@example.com