FEC MEETING – 19th June Present: Mark Patton, Kevin Turner, Damien Gooley, Gavin TangApologies: Gull HerzbergMinute taker: Gavin
- Acknowledgement of Country by Kevin
- Minutes of meeting 8th May approved. 1.Mark 2.Kevin
- MP to action EOFY report for Fair trading after June 30
- GT to write article for Newleaf, send point forms to MP and KT
- MP treasurer’s report: $1196 in account.
- DG; two new members – traders of KT
- GT to come up in person next meeting for discussion on how to make it easy/enticing for new people to sign up. MP: we should do the regular meet in Zoom to free up the space.
- DG: still working to automate the billing system for trans tax
- Can now edit your own PP listing
- Approval to have second website name fecoop.org; Gavin to authorise payment with domains.coop
- All agree to authorise BCU to set up sub-accounts for TT payments.
- MP offers to give free falafels at next markets if people sign up on the day. Thank you Mark.
- KT: no response from Charley Wright re T-shirts. MP to work on shirt design/printing.
- Agreement to purchase one type of bumper sticker only with ‘member’ and ‘fecoop.org’ in design
- KT: Chrysalis students may work on video as project. Possible talk with James IT teacher
- DG to send out letterhead for official use
- KT to work on letterbox leaflet sent out by GT for final approval.
- GT to work on our legal obligations working from Megan Bliss’ original document.
- KT: is our TT applicable pre- or post-GST?
- Is TT tax-deductible for ATO tax?
- NFP income from FEC – is it taxable income?
- Gavin’s response: TT is post-GST; FEC TT can be billed as ‘marketing and promotion expense’ for traders; gift money to NFP is taxable if they pay tax.
- MP: this needs more investigation/discussion
- KT: in ongoing discussion with Kerry Pearse from Housing Matters Action Group
- GT to work on Australian NFP list (contra Bellingen NFP list)
- DG to send out draft letter to directors (on what?) for input. Either letter to members asking if they will sign up or Pitching points?
- KT: chamber of commerce, I think, has new president who might be more open to FEC ideas and cooperation. Will line up meeting
- Next meeting: to be discussed after chamber of commerce meeting arranged and GT can come up for such a meeting
- Stripe option to be revived for discussion next meeting
To Do ListGavin: write article for Newleaf, send point forms to MP and KT
- to come up in person next meeting for discussion on how to make it easy/enticing for new people to sign up; and for chamber of commerce meet.
- work on our legal obligations working from Megan Bliss’ original document
- work on Australian NFP list
- Purchase bumper sticker
- Ongoing article for New Economy journal and personal website.
MP: action EOFY report for Fair Trading after June 30
- work on Tshirt
- Ask ATO for ruling about tax questions from above.
Damien: send out draft letter to directors (on what?) for input Letter to members or Pitching points?
- working to automate the billing system for trans tax
- send out Coop letterhead to all directors
- send out new agreed logo to directors for bumper stickers and T shirt
- ongoing website work on PP and DD pages and billing system
Kevin: prepare agenda for next meeting
- Letterbox letter to be sent to directors
- Follow up: Chrysalis school, chamber of commerce, Kerry Pearse
- Create another account with BCU for TT payments.