FEC Meeting Minutes June 19th

FEC MEETING – 19th June Present: Mark Patton, Kevin Turner, Damien Gooley, Gavin TangApologies: Gull HerzbergMinute taker: Gavin 

  • Acknowledgement of Country by Kevin
  • Minutes of meeting 8th May approved. 1.Mark 2.Kevin
  • MP to action EOFY report for Fair trading after June 30
  • GT to write article for Newleaf, send point forms to MP and KT
  • MP treasurer’s report: $1196 in account.
  • DG; two new members – traders of KT
  • GT to come up in person next meeting for discussion on how to make it easy/enticing for new people to sign up. MP: we should do the regular meet in Zoom to free up the space.
  • DG: still working to automate the billing system for trans tax
    • Can now edit your own PP listing
  • Approval to have second website name fecoop.org; Gavin to authorise payment with domains.coop
  • All agree to authorise BCU to set up sub-accounts for TT payments.
  • MP offers to give free falafels at next markets if people sign up on the day. Thank you Mark.
  • KT: no response from Charley Wright re T-shirts. MP to work on shirt design/printing.
  • Agreement to purchase one type of bumper sticker only with ‘member’ and ‘fecoop.org’ in design
  • KT: Chrysalis students may work on video as project. Possible talk with James IT teacher
  • DG to send out letterhead for official use
  • KT to work on letterbox leaflet sent out by GT for final approval.
  • GT to work on our legal obligations working from Megan Bliss’ original document.
  • KT: is our TT applicable pre- or post-GST?
    • Is TT tax-deductible for ATO tax?
    • NFP income from FEC – is it taxable income?
    • Gavin’s response: TT is post-GST; FEC TT can be billed as ‘marketing and promotion expense’ for traders; gift money to NFP is taxable if they pay tax.
    • MP: this needs more investigation/discussion
  • KT: in ongoing discussion with Kerry Pearse from Housing Matters Action Group
  • GT to work on Australian NFP list (contra Bellingen NFP list)
  • DG to send out draft letter to directors (on what?) for input. Either letter to members asking if they will sign up or Pitching points?
  • KT: chamber of commerce, I think, has new president who might be more open to FEC ideas and cooperation. Will line up meeting
  • Next meeting: to be discussed after chamber of commerce meeting arranged and GT can come up for such a meeting
  • Stripe option to be revived for discussion next meeting

     To Do ListGavin: write article for Newleaf, send point forms to MP and KT

  • to come up in person next meeting for discussion on how to make it easy/enticing for new people to sign up; and for chamber of commerce meet.
  • work on our legal obligations working from Megan Bliss’ original document
  • work on Australian NFP list
  • Purchase bumper sticker
  • Ongoing article for New Economy journal and personal website.

 MP: action EOFY report for Fair Trading after June 30

  • work on Tshirt
  • Ask ATO for ruling about tax questions from above.

 Damien: send out draft letter to directors (on what?) for input Letter to members or Pitching points?

  • working to automate the billing system for trans tax
  • send out Coop letterhead to all directors
  • send out new agreed logo to directors for bumper stickers and T shirt
  • ongoing website work on PP and DD pages and billing system

 Kevin: prepare agenda for next meeting

  • Letterbox letter to be sent to directors
  • Follow up: Chrysalis school, chamber of commerce, Kerry Pearse
  • Create another account with BCU for TT payments.